DRUM Scholarship Announcement Process
The following narrative provides instructions for students submitting application packets for the annual DRUM Scholarship. The DRUM Scholarship Committee will have primary responsibility for administering the scholarship award process within DRUM Inc. The Chairperson for the DRUM Scholarship Committee will report to the Executive Director of the DRUM Foundation.
Applicants must provide the following documentation to the DRUM Scholarship Committee.
- A completed DRUM Foundation Academic Scholarship Application Form.
- An official high school or college/university transcript.
- Typed statement of 250 words or less articulating your reasons for applying for the DRUM Foundation Academic Scholarship.
- Obtain two (2) letters of recommendation, (one of which must be academic). Your recommendations may not be from any individual in your immediate family.
- Applicants may also submit a letter of recommendation from a member of the
DRUM organization. (Optional)
Applicants will be rated on a scale of 1 to 4 based on the following criteria:
- Neatness of application
- Content of Reference letters
- Cumulative grade Point Average
- Demonstrate participation in school, church or community activities
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, attitude for success, and positive character traits.
The precedence for awarding the DRUM Scholarship is as follows:
- Norris Shelton Scholarship Award, an applicant must have achieved a GPA of 3.5 or higher (All GPA’s are based on the 4.0 scale)
- General Scholarship Award an applicant must have achieved a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Scholarship applications will be forwarded to the DRUM organization at the following address:
The Developmental Roundtable for Upward Mobility (DRUM)
Attention: Scholarship Committee Chairperson
P.O. Box 325
Washington, DC 20044